Large everyday backpack - pattern and tutorial
About the project
With this pattern and tutorial you will learn how to sew an everyday backpack. This slightly sporty backpack is very versatile and will be perfect for both men and women.
You can use this pattern as a ready solution or as a base for further sewing experiments. The sewing tutorial shows many interesting techniques, which you can use in other projects.
The backpack features:
- one large zippered compartment
- front zippered pocket
- inner panel with 2 pockets and 2 pen slots
- one discreet zippered pocket on the back
- adjustable, contoured and padded shoulder straps
- comfortable padded handle
The backpack is fully lined. The seam allowances in the main compartment are finished with a binding tape.
Size of a finished product:
- height: 45 cm (17 3/4")
- width: 29 cm (11 3/8")
- depth: about 12 cm (4 3/4")
The pattern is also available in a smaller version. The small backpack is not a scaled version of the large backpack, it has different proportions.
The product contains:
- 2 PDF files with the pattern (A4 and US letter size)
- 1 PDF file with 27-page instruction of sewing the bag, with a lot of photos and diagrams
- outer fabric in 2 colors (140 cm / 55" wide):
- fabric A (top part) - 0.4 mb (0.5 yd)
- fabric B (bottom part) - 0.5 mb (20")
- lining fabric (140 cm / 55" wide): 0.85 mb (1 yd)
- 2 zippers #5 (5 mm) - 1 pc. 83.3 cm (32 3/4") long and 1 pc. 63 cm (24 3/4") long
- zipper #3 (3 mm) - 17 cm (6.5") long
- webbing 25 mm (1") wide - 1.26 m (50")
- binding tape 25 mm (1") wide - 2,8 m (3 yd)
- air mesh - 30 x 46 cm (12" x 18")
- 2 bakcpack strap adjusters 25 mm (1") wide
- foam interfacing
You're welcome to use this pattern to make items for your own use as well as for sale. We ask only to mention us in your online listing descriptions:
Note however, that all of the items for sale must be made personally by the pattern purchaser. Mass production is not allowed.
You may not sell or distribute our patterns and/or tutorials (or their parts) under no circumstances.
A free pattern is subject to the same rules – you may create items for sale with it, but we ask you to give us credit.
Please do not copy the pattern and claim as your own, and also do not share it directly on external sites. If you want to share the pattern - just post a link to our product page.