Medium Margo backpack - pattern and tutorial
About the project
The Margo backpack has a rather soft shape, but a stable bottom that holds its form nicely. The backpack has a flap with magnetic snap as well as a drawstring closure. The shoulder straps can be adjusted and contrasting edges are a nice touch.
With this pattern you can sew the Margo backpack in a medium size. This pattern is a ready solution, but it can be easily adapted to your needs. Along with the pattern, you receive a detail step-by-step sewing instruction, that will support you all the way.
The backpack features:
- one large compartment
- two front zippered pockets
- one discreet, zippered pocket on the back
- one open, inside pocket
- adjustable shoulder straps
- a flap and a magnetic snap closure
- a loop handle
From the sewing instruction you will learn:
- how to sew a zipper pocket with slanted ends
- how to sew a hidden zipper pocket
- how to sew a flap with piping and attach it to the backpack
- how to make adjustable shoulder straps with contrasting edges
- how to sew a lining into a backpack
- how to add a drawstring closure and sew a cord stop
Size of a finished product:
- height: 29 cm (11.5")
- width: 25.5 cm (10")
- depth: 17 cm (6.5")
The product contains:
- 2 PDF files with the pattern (A4 and US letter size)
- 1 PDF file with 25-page instruction of sewing the bag, with a lot of photos and diagrams
- 1 PDF file with information: How to attach rivets, eyelets and snaps
- outer fabric (140 cm / 55" wide): 0.5 lm (3/4 yd)
- lining fabric (140 cm / 55" wide): 0.6 lm (3/4 yd)
- continuous zipper #5 (5 mm) and 3 zipper pulls - about 65-70 cm (27") long or 3 standard zippers in length: 2x 18 cm (7") and 1x 20 cm (8")
- webbing (2 widths):
- 25 mm (1") 22 cm (9") long to cover the straps attachment area
- 20 mm (3/4") - 160 cm (1 3/4 yd) long for the straps
- 2 strap adjusters - 30 mm (1 1/4") wide
- 2 rectangle rings - M: 30 mm (1 1/4") wide
- 6 eyelets - in size 5-6 mm (1/4") and a tool to attach them
- 4 rivets (optional) - in size 8 mm (5/16”) and a tool to attach them
- magnetic snap closure
- piping - 65 cm (26") long
- string/cord (with thickness matching the eyelet size) - 90-95 cm (1 yd) long
You're welcome to use this pattern to make items for your own use as well as for sale. We ask only to mention us in your online listing descriptions:
Note however, that all of the items for sale must be made personally by the pattern purchaser. Mass production is not allowed.
You may not sell or distribute our patterns and/or tutorials (or their parts) under no circumstances.
A free pattern is subject to the same rules – you may create items for sale with it, but we ask you to give us credit.
Please do not copy the pattern and claim as your own, and also do not share it directly on external sites. If you want to share the pattern - just post a link to our product page.