Hip bag, fanny pack
About the project
Hip bags are really comfortable to carry around, especially when you need to keep your hands free. A perfect accessory for a festival or a party.
Learn how to make this single-compartment pouch with a zipper closure. An adjustable belt will fit multiple sizes. The bag is fully lined without the use of a bias tape!
The sewing pattern features two versions of the fanny pack - you can sew it with or without the pleats.
Size of a finished product:
- width: 9 in (total 11.5 in) / 23 cm (29 cm)
- height: 4 in (10 cm)
- depth: 2 3/8 in (6 cm)
The product contains:
- 2 PDF files with the pattern (A4 and US letter size)
- 1 PDF file with 32-page instruction of sewing the bag, with lots of photos
- outer fabric
- lining fabric
- zipper #5 9.5 in (24 cm) long
- side release buckle and adjuster slide 1 in (25 mm) wide
- webbing 1 in (25 mm) wide, length as needed (about 1.1 yard / 1 m)
- interfacing / stiffener - described in the tutorial
You're welcome to use this pattern to make items for your own use as well as for sale. We ask only to mention us in your online listing descriptions:
Note however, that all of the items for sale must be made personally by the pattern purchaser. Mass production is not allowed.
You may not sell or distribute our patterns and/or tutorials (or their parts) under no circumstances.
A free pattern is subject to the same rules – you may create items for sale with it, but we ask you to give us credit.
Please do not copy the pattern and claim as your own, and also do not share it directly on external sites. If you want to share the pattern - just post a link to our product page.