Messenger bag with a scalloped edge
About the project
This shoulder bag with a lovely scallop embellishment is the perfect choice for everyday outfits. It small enough to look chic but roomy enough to carry all your essentials.
The messenger bag features a flap with a magnetic closure, one outer pocket, and 2 inside pockets. An adjustable strap allows you to carry it across the body or on the shoulder. The bag is fully lined.
Size of a finished product:
- width: 9.5 in (24 cm)
- height: 7 in (18 cm)
- depth: 2-2.5 in (5-6 cm)
The product contains:
- 2 PDF files with the pattern (A4 and US letter size)
- 1 PDF file with 26-page instruction of sewing the bag, with lots of photos
- As a bonus you’re getting access to additional pdf files:
- How to attach a rivet
- How to close a seam opening
- outer fabric - 2 colors:
- main color: 1/2 yd (0.40 rm)
- complementary color: 3/8 yd (0.25 rm)
- lining fabric - 2 colors:
- main color: 3/8 yd (0.3 rm)
- complementary color: 12 x 10 in (30 x 25 cm)
- zipper - #3 8 in (20 cm)
- magnetic bag clasp
- 2 rectangle rings and slide adjuster 3/4 in (20 mm) wide
- rivets (optional)
- interfacing / stiffener - described in the tutorial
You're welcome to use this pattern to make items for your own use as well as for sale. We ask only to mention us in your online listing descriptions:
Note however, that all of the items for sale must be made personally by the pattern purchaser. Mass production is not allowed.
You may not sell or distribute our patterns and/or tutorials (or their parts) under no circumstances.
A free pattern is subject to the same rules – you may create items for sale with it, but we ask you to give us credit.
Please do not copy the pattern and claim as your own, and also do not share it directly on external sites. If you want to share the pattern - just post a link to our product page.