Hobo bag sewing pattern
About the project
Need a bag that's both spacious and stylish? This hobo bag will meet your expectations. With this pattern you can create your own, unique handbag that will suit your style.
The bag has one large compartment and one exterior pocket. The tutorial features an interesting technique of attaching the main zipper. The bottom is stiff and flat, and the bag is fully lined. Inside you'll find 3 additional pockets. The purse has faux leather straps sewn on the sides which create an interesting decorative element.
This bag was designed to be carried on a shoulder, but you can easily add a long strap to wear it across the body.
Size of a finished product:
- width: 16 in (40 cm) / the bottom 12.5 in (32 cm)
- height: 14 in (35 cm)
- depth: 4 3/8 in (11 cm)
The product contains:
- 2 PDF files with the pattern (A4 and US letter size)
- 1 PDF file with 23-page instruction of sewing the bag, with lots of photos
- As a bonus you’re getting access to additional pdf files:
- How to attach a rivet
- How to sew a zippered pocket
- How to sew a double patch pocket
- How to close a seam opening
- outer fabric - 2 colors:
- main fabric: 14 x 44 in (36 x 110 cm)
- complementary fabric (faux leather): 11 x 44 in (27 x 110 cm)
- lining fabric: 29.5 x 44 in (75 x 110 cm)
- 3 zippers - #5 14 in (35 cm), #3 2x 7 in (18 cm)
- 2 metal rectangle rings 1 in (25 mm)
- rivets (optional)
- interfacing / stiffener - described in the tutorial
You're welcome to use this pattern to make items for your own use as well as for sale. We ask only to mention us in your online listing descriptions:
Note however, that all of the items for sale must be made personally by the pattern purchaser. Mass production is not allowed.
You may not sell or distribute our patterns and/or tutorials (or their parts) under no circumstances.
A free pattern is subject to the same rules – you may create items for sale with it, but we ask you to give us credit.
Please do not copy the pattern and claim as your own, and also do not share it directly on external sites. If you want to share the pattern - just post a link to our product page.