Envelope purse, convertible bag
About the project
One pattern, many possibilities. What will you make with it?
No more switching bags to match your outfit! This stunning, convertible bag has interchangeable flaps which allow you to transform the bag's style according to your needs. We’ve created 3 variants of the flap for you, but this is just a beginning – possibilities are endless.
Make this bag with a strap to carry it on a shoulder. Skip adding the shoulder strap and you will get a lovely statement clutch. The tutorial contains tips for sewing it with faux leather but you can easily make it out of any other fabric.
The handbag has a zipper closure and is fully lined. Two inside pockets make it easy to keep your purse organized. The strap of the bag is adjustable with eyelets and a buckle.
Size of a finished product:
- width: 13 1/2 in (34 cm)
- height: 10 1/4 in (26 cm)
- depth: 1 1/4 in (3 cm)
The product contains:
- 2 PDF files with the pattern (A4 and US letter size)
- 1 PDF file with 35-page instruction of sewing the bag, with lots of photos
- As a bonus you’re getting access to additional pdf files:
- How to attach rivets, eyelets and snaps
- How to sew a zippered pocket
- outer fabric: 27 x 55 in (70 x 140 cm) - for bag with one flap
- lining fabric: 21 x 55 in (52 x 140 cm)
- 2 zippers - #5 14 in (35 cm), #3 7 in (18 cm)
- 2 rectangle rings and a buckle 3/4 in (20 mm)
- magnetic bag clasp
- rivets (optional)
- some additional materials depending on chosen flap style - described in the tutorial
- interfacing / stiffener - described in the tutorial
You're welcome to use this pattern to make items for your own use as well as for sale. We ask only to mention us in your online listing descriptions:
Note however, that all of the items for sale must be made personally by the pattern purchaser. Mass production is not allowed.
You may not sell or distribute our patterns and/or tutorials (or their parts) under no circumstances.
A free pattern is subject to the same rules – you may create items for sale with it, but we ask you to give us credit.
Please do not copy the pattern and claim as your own, and also do not share it directly on external sites. If you want to share the pattern - just post a link to our product page.