Strap closure bag, small purse
About the project
This lovely design is a perfect choice for those who are just getting used to sewing bags. Despite its relatively simple look, it leaves plenty of room for individual arrangements.
A typical zip closure was replaced in this bag with a decorative strap. The flap is formed by folding the body of the bag which makes it easier to sew. An adjustable strap is removable so the handbag can be used as a clutch. The inside is finished with a lining, with two pockets.
Depending on the fabric selection, this design is ideal for both teenagers and adults.
Size of a finished product:
- width: 9-11 in (23-28 cm)
- height: 7 in (18 cm)
- depth: 2 3/4 in (7 cm)
The product contains:
- 2 PDF files with the pattern (A4 and US letter size)
- 1 PDF file with 17-page instruction of sewing the bag, with a lot of photos and diagrams
- As a bonus you’re getting access to additional pdf files:
- How to attach rivets, eyelets and snaps
- How to close a seam opening
- outer fabric - 3 colors:
- fabric A: 25 x 21 in (64 x 54 cm)
- fabric B: 22 x 12 in + 3 1/8 x 50 in (55 x 30 cm + 8 x 140 cm)
- fabric C: 21 x 2 in (54x 5 cm)
- lining fabric: 20 x 30 in (50 x 75 cm)
- zipper - 7 in (18 cm) long, preferably #3 (3 mm)
- swivel clips – two 5/8" (15 mm) and one 3/4" (20 mm)
- strap adjuster – 5/8" (15 mm)
- 2 D-rings – 3/8" (10 mm) wide
- triangle ring – 3/4" (20 mm), can be replaced with a D-ring
- rivets (optional)
- interfacing / stiffener - described in the tutorial
You're welcome to use this pattern to make items for your own use as well as for sale. We ask only to mention us in your online listing descriptions:
Note however, that all of the items for sale must be made personally by the pattern purchaser. Mass production is not allowed.
You may not sell or distribute our patterns and/or tutorials (or their parts) under no circumstances.
A free pattern is subject to the same rules – you may create items for sale with it, but we ask you to give us credit.
Please do not copy the pattern and claim as your own, and also do not share it directly on external sites. If you want to share the pattern - just post a link to our product page.