Bowler bag, large handbag
About the project
This design is perfect for active women - whether you go shopping, to the gym or for a walk with your child, this spacious handbag is an excellent choice. Both stylish and practical, with faux leather touches. Choose classic colors to create a harmonious, casually-elegant look. On the other hand, bright and colorful fabrics won't let you go unnoticed.
The bag has one, large compartment with a zippered closure. The inside is finished with a lining. The lining features 2 large elastic pockets and one large zippered pocket.
The instruction describes an unconventional sewing technique, that allows to sew this bag without bias tape and without attaching the lining to the zipper at the end of sewing. With this technique you'll create a lovely bag with a neat finish.
Size of a finished product:
- height: 10.5 in (27 cm)
- width: 15.5 in (40 cm) - at the bottom
- depth: 4-5 in (10-13 cm)
The product contains:
- 2 PDF files with the pattern (A4 and US letter size)
- 1 PDF file with 25-page instruction of sewing the bag, with a lot of photos and diagrams
- 1 PDF file with information: How to attach rivets, eyelets and snaps
- outer fabric (55 in / 140 cm wide) - 2 colors:
- fabric A: 13 in (32 cm)
- fabric B: 16 in (40 cm)
- lining fabric: 22 x 55 in (55 x 140 cm)
- 2 zippers - 18 in (46 cm) long, preferably #5 (5 mm) and 9.5 in (24 cm) long, preferably #3 (3 mm)
- elastic – 1/4 in (6 mm) wide and about 13 in (33 cm) long
- 4 rectangle rings - 1 in (25 mm) wide
- rivets (optional)
- interfacing / stiffener - described in the tutorial
You're welcome to use this pattern to make items for your own use as well as for sale. We ask only to mention us in your online listing descriptions:
Note however, that all of the items for sale must be made personally by the pattern purchaser. Mass production is not allowed.
You may not sell or distribute our patterns and/or tutorials (or their parts) under no circumstances.
A free pattern is subject to the same rules – you may create items for sale with it, but we ask you to give us credit.
Please do not copy the pattern and claim as your own, and also do not share it directly on external sites. If you want to share the pattern - just post a link to our product page.