Envelope clutch - sewing pattern and tutorial
About the project
This design fuses an elegant clutch look with a shoulder bag size and funcionality. It will definitely accommodate more your necessities than just a lipstick and a mobile phone.
With this tutorial you'll learn how to sew an envelope shaped bag with a magnetic snap closure. The bag has one compartment and it's fully lined. The clutch features one, expandable zippered pocket and a removable shoulder chain strap.
This envelope clutch will be a perfect addition to an elegant gown or a summer dress.
Size of a finished product:
- height: 17 cm / 6 3/4"
- width: 25 cm / 10"
- depth: 4 cm / 1 1/2"
The product contains:
- 2 PDF files with the pattern (A4 and US letter size)
- 1 PDF file with 20-page instruction of sewing the bag, with a lot of photos and diagrams
- outer fabric: 40 x 85 cm / 16" x 34"
- lining fabric: 35 x 112 cm / 14" x 44"
- zipper - 22 cm (8.5") long, preferably #3 (3 mm)
- satin ribbon (optional) - 20 mm (3/4") wide, and about 25 cm / 10" long
- magnetic snap closure - 14 mm (9/16")
- chain - 65 cm (25") long
- 4 D-rings - 15 mm / 5/8"
- 2 swivel clips - with 10 mm / 3/8" d-ring
- 2 rings - 10 mm/ 3/8"
You're welcome to use this pattern to make items for your own use as well as for sale. We ask only to mention us in your online listing descriptions:
Note however, that all of the items for sale must be made personally by the pattern purchaser. Mass production is not allowed.
You may not sell or distribute our patterns and/or tutorials (or their parts) under no circumstances.
A free pattern is subject to the same rules – you may create items for sale with it, but we ask you to give us credit.
Please do not copy the pattern and claim as your own, and also do not share it directly on external sites. If you want to share the pattern - just post a link to our product page.