Greta bag, medium purse with a flap - sewing pattern and tutorial
About the project
This medium size bag with a flap will be a beautiful addition to any outfit. Small details like a turn lock or dumbbell screws at the sides create the perfect casual-chic look. The bag can be carried in hand or over shoulder.
With this pattern and sewing tutorial you will learn, step by step, how to make this lovely bag by yourself. Choose a fabric, add some unique details and you will have one of a kind purse that no one else has!
The bag features:
- one large compartment
- one front pocket
- one inside zippered pocket
- flap with decorative tabs and a turn lock
- dumbbell screws that allow you to change shape of the side panels
- firm bottom with bag feet
- removable and adjustable shoulder strap
Size of a finished product:
- height: 20 cm (8")
- width: about 25 cm (10")
- depth: 9 cm (3.5")
The product contains:
- 2 PDF files with the pattern (A4 and US letter size)
- 1 PDF file with 23-page instruction of sewing the bag, with a lot of photos and diagrams
- 1 PDF file with information: How to attach rivets, eyelets and snaps
- 1 PDF file with information: How to attach a turn lock
- outer fabric in 2 colors:
- fabric A: 40 x 140 cm (16" x 55")
- fabric B (contrast details): 25 x 25 cm (10" x 10")
- lining fabric: 45 x 140 cm (18" x 55")
- 1 zipper - 18 cm (7") long, size #3 (3 mm)
- 1 turn lock
- 2 purse dumbbell screws
- 4 purse feet
- 4 eyelets
- 4 rivets
- 2 swivel clips
- 1 strap adjuster
- interfacing / stiffener - described in the tutorial
You're welcome to use this pattern to make items for your own use as well as for sale. We ask only to mention us in your online listing descriptions:
Note however, that all of the items for sale must be made personally by the pattern purchaser. Mass production is not allowed.
You may not sell or distribute our patterns and/or tutorials (or their parts) under no circumstances.
A free pattern is subject to the same rules – you may create items for sale with it, but we ask you to give us credit.
Please do not copy the pattern and claim as your own, and also do not share it directly on external sites. If you want to share the pattern - just post a link to our product page.