Alex medium laptop bag - pattern and tutorial
About the project
With the help of this pattern and tutorial you will sew a medium bag with a laptop pocket. The bag will fit smaller laptops up to 13.3 inches. It can also be sewn without the laptop pocket, and be treated as an everyday bag.
The bag features a flap and a zipper closure. It has two zippered pockets that are perfect for keeping valuables safe. Two additional exterior pockets can be used for carrying accessories like a mouse or a charger.
The shoulder strap is adjustable for any height, and the shoulder pad enhance comfort of the user. The bag is fully lined, and the seams are finished with a use of a binding tape.
From the sewing instruction attached to this pattern you will learn:
- how to reinforce the bag
- how to cut out the bag pieces
- how to sew a zippered pocket
- how to sew a double, spacious front pocket
- how to sew a laptop pocket
- how to sew and install a recessed zipper into the bag
- how to sew and attach a flap
- how to sew and attach a shoulder strap
- how to sew a shoulder pad
Size of a finished product:
- height: 26 cm (10")
- width: 32,5 cm (13")
- depth: 9,5 cm (3 3/4")
The product contains:
- 2 PDF files with the pattern (A4 and US letter size)
- 1 PDF file with 25-page instruction of sewing the bag, with a lot of photos and diagrams
- 1 PDF file with information: How to attach rivets, eyelets and snaps
- outer fabric in 2 colors (140 cm / 55" wide):
- fabric A: 0,65 m (26")
- fabric B (contrast insert): 37 x 9 cm (15" x 4")
- lining fabric: 0,9 m (1 yd)
- 2 zippers #5 (5 mm): 30 cm and 35 cm (12" and 14"
- zipper #3 (3 mm) 30 cm (12") long
- webbing 30 mm (1 1/4") wide and 2.1 m (2.3 yd) long
- binding tape 25 mm (1") wide and 2.6 m (3yd) long
- hook and loop fastener 30 mm (1 1/4") wide and 21 cm (8") long
- 2 rectangle rings 30 mm (1 1/4") wide
- strap adjuster 30 mm (1 1/4") wide
- 2 rivets and a tool to attach them
You're welcome to use this pattern to make items for your own use as well as for sale. We ask only to mention us in your online listing descriptions:
Note however, that all of the items for sale must be made personally by the pattern purchaser. Mass production is not allowed.
You may not sell or distribute our patterns and/or tutorials (or their parts) under no circumstances.
A free pattern is subject to the same rules – you may create items for sale with it, but we ask you to give us credit.
Please do not copy the pattern and claim as your own, and also do not share it directly on external sites. If you want to share the pattern - just post a link to our product page.