Marvin duffel bag - pattern and tutorial
About the project
Do you need a new travel bag? Or maybe a gym bag? I will help you sew it! :)
With this pattern and a detailed step by step tutorial you will create your own, unique duffel bag. The bag has a zipper closure and interesting looking top corners, making this bag not only practical but also stylish.
The bag has a zippered pocket on the front, that is perfect for smaller things you need to have on hand. Inside of the bag is fully lined, which makes it stand out from the mass-produced products.
This weekender bag has 2 handles and an adjustable shoulder strap. The shoulder strap can be worn in 2 ways - attached to the connectors on the front and back panel or to the connectors in the top corners. The bottom of the bag is heavily reinforced with a removable stabilizer panel. The bag has attached feet to protect the bottom.
The design is versatile and can be worn by both, men and women.
From the sewing instruction you will learn:
- how to finish top corners of the bag in 2 ways
- how to sew a zipper into a bag
- how to sew a zippered pocket
- how to sew an adjustable shoulder strap
- how to sew a shoulder pad
- how to sew a bottom stabilizer insert
- how to sew a lining into a bag
- how to sew a handle wrap pad
Size of a finished product:
- height: 25 cm (10")
- width: 42 cm (16.5")
- depth: 23 cm (9")
The product contains:
- 2 PDF files with the pattern (A4 and US letter size)
- 1 PDF file with 26-page instruction of sewing the bag, with a lot of photos and diagrams
- 1 PDF file with information: How to attach rivets, eyelets and snaps
- 1 PDF file with additional tutorial: Alternative way of sewing top corners
- exterior fabric: 50 x 140 cm (20" x 55")
- accent fabric: 35 x 140 cm (14" x 55")
- lining fabric: 100 x 140 cm (40" x 55")
- air mesh (optional): 9 x 24 cm (20" x 55")
- continuous zipper #5 (5 mm) and 3 zipper pulls - about 110 cm (1 1/6 yd) long or 2 standard zippers in length: 35 cm (14") and 70-75 cm (28” - 30")
- webbing 40 mm (1 1/2") wide - 3 m (3 1/3 yd) long
- 4 swivel clips - two 40 mm (1 1/2") wide and two 25 mm (1") wide
- 1 strap adjuster 40 mm (1 1/2") wide
- 4 D-rings 30 mm (1 1/4") wide
- 5 bag feet (optional)
- 2 snaps
- interfacings - described in the tutorial
You're welcome to use this pattern to make items for your own use as well as for sale. We ask only to mention us in your online listing descriptions:
Note however, that all of the items for sale must be made personally by the pattern purchaser. Mass production is not allowed.
You may not sell or distribute our patterns and/or tutorials (or their parts) under no circumstances.
A free pattern is subject to the same rules – you may create items for sale with it, but we ask you to give us credit.
Please do not copy the pattern and claim as your own, and also do not share it directly on external sites. If you want to share the pattern - just post a link to our product page.