Alisa handbag in 2 sizes - sewing pattern and tutorial
About the project
Alisa handbag is a design that fits perfectly into an area between a sport model and an elegant one. It's simply a great everyday purse.
Alisa has a zipper closure to keep your belongings safe and secure. This model has 2 zippered pockets - one that's inside and one on the outside, hidden under a pocket flap. Both pockets are quite roomy, so you won't have a problem with storing your necessities.
On the exterior layer there is a piping, which beautifully emphasizes the shape of the bag. The inside of the bag has a lining, which you can attach without the use of a binding!
Alisa handbag has a detachable, adjustable shoulder strap, made of webbing with a fabric accent sewn onto it. The strap allows you to carry the bag on the shoulder or across your body.
The sewing instruction attached to this pattern will guide you through every stage of creating this bag.
You will learn, among other things:
- how to cut out all the necessary pieces to make this handbag
- how to stiffen the purse to hold its shape nicely
- how to sew a zippered pocket
- how to sew a zipper pocket with a flap and darts
- how to sew a piping
- how to sew a zipper closure
- how to add lining to the bag
- how to sew an adjustable shoulder strap with fabric accent
Alisa handbag is an interesting design that you can make for yourself or offer your customers! The licence of this product allows you to sew handbags for sale (read more in "Sew & Sell" section).
Size of a finished product:
- height: 21 cm (8")
- width: 29 cm (11 1/2")
- depth: 10 cm (4")
- height: 26 cm (10")
- width: 33,5 cm (13")
- depth: 11,5 cm (4 1/2")
The product contains:
- 4 PDF files with the pattern in 2 sizes (A4 and US letter size)
- 1 PDF file with 31-page instruction of sewing the bag, with a lot of photos and diagrams
- 1 PDF file with information on how to attach rivets, snaps and eyelets.
- Exterior fabric A:
- M: 30 x 100 cm (12" x 40")
- L: 35 x 110 cm (14" x 44")
- Exterior fabric B:
- M: 70 x 35 cm (28" x 14")
- L: 85 x 40 cm (34" x 16")
- Lining fabric:
- M: 75 x 140 cm (30" x 55")
- L: 90 x 140 cm (1 yd, fabric 55" wide)
- 2 o-rings - 20 mm (3/4") wide for M size, and 25 mm (1") wide for L size
- 2 swivel clips - 20 mm (3/4") wide for M size, and 25 mm (1") wide for L size
- 1 strap adjuster - 20 mm (3/4") wide for M size, and 25 mm (1") wide for L size
- Webbing - you'll need about 130-140 cm (1 1/2 yd)
- M: 20 mm (3/4") wide
- L: 25 mm (1") wide
- 1 zipper #3 (lengths were calculated for continuous zipper)
- M: 24 cm (9 1/2")
- L: 25 cm (10")
- 2 zippers #5 (lengths were calculated for continuous zipper)
- Size M: 20 and 35 cm (8" and 14") long
- Size L: 23 and 38 cm (9" and 15")
- 6 rivets (optional)
- Piping (optional):
- M: 130-135 cm (54") long
- L: 175 cm (70") long
- Interfacings - described in the tutorial
You're welcome to use this pattern to make items for your own use as well as for sale. We ask only to mention us in your online listing descriptions:
Note however, that all of the items for sale must be made personally by the pattern purchaser. Mass production is not allowed.
You may not sell or distribute our patterns and/or tutorials (or their parts) under no circumstances.
A free pattern is subject to the same rules – you may create items for sale with it, but we ask you to give us credit.
Please do not copy the pattern and claim as your own, and also do not share it directly on external sites. If you want to share the pattern - just post a link to our product page.